WEBSTANDARDS Archives

March 2010

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Justin D Steen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN CSS Web Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2010 14:58:30 -0500
Here are links to some of the Web Search items I covered at today's Web Standards meeting ...

Web Search service: guides and contact form:
  http://www.oit.umn.edu/web-search/reference-guides/index.htm
  http://www.oit.umn.edu/web-search/technical-support/index.htm
(You can reach the support site by searching for "web search" at umn.edu.)

Google Search Appliance Search Protocol Reference:
  http://code.google.com/apis/searchappliance/documentation/62/xml_reference.html
The current service uses Google Search Appliance 5.2, but the 6.2 version is in testing now before going live in the near future. I don't have an exact date for the upgrade. The support team sends relevant information to the Web Search users list when upgrades happen:
  http://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=UMNGOOGLE-L

--
Justin Steen
Web Developer