WEBSTANDARDS Archives

March 2011

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Kristofer Layon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN Web Standards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Mar 2011 10:01:38 -0500
I was very aware of this issue when I coordinated these meetings from 2006 to last year, and I did try to facilitate remote access via the Web for staff on other campuses at some of these meetings.  The technology isn't the problem; the staffing to get the recording / microphoning done well on our end is the challenge.

Thanks for keeping it on our radar, though.  And please, anyone who is interested in helping to get these meetings online, please volunteer to do so and help Dan with this detail.  It's a lot of work reserving rooms and scheduling topics and speakers; those who are skilled at doing online meetings might be able to help make this a regular feature of the U's web standards meetings.

Thanks!

Kris

Kristofer D. Layon
Web Design & Social Media
612.624.4545  :  http://z.umn.edu/klayon  :  http://twitter.com/klayon
Office of the Senior Vice President for System Academic Administration
University of Minnesota Twin Cities
http://www.academic.umn.edu/system/communications/