WEBSTANDARDS Archives

February 2012

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
David Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN Web Standards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2012 13:43:35 -0600
Afternoon Code People and Web Standards groups:

I recently heard about this event taking place on March 24th-25th
weekend, the Overnight Website Challenge. Basically you get together a
team to build a website or app for a non-profit over a 24 hours
period. I thought it would be really cool if we could put together a
combined code people / web standards team to compete. It is a
competition and the best site wins a prize, but hey, everyone wins
when you help a non-profit!. The competition is taking place on the St
Paul campus. Much more information is available on the event site.

http://tc2012.overnightwebsitechallenge.com/

February 27th is the deadline for team registration. If you are
interested, fill out this form below!

https://docs.google.com/a/umn.edu/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dDdBWVVZSmxSczVVZ2lyWFFabGJjRXc6MQ#gid=0

If there is enough interest, we could consider splitting teams by
preferred languages, etc. The max team size is 10. Be sure and request
sig other/spousal approval ;-). Try and respond by February 13th, so
we can work out any complications before the deadline.

Contact me with questions or additional info I may have missed on the form.

Thanks,

Dave

--
David Peterson