WEBSTANDARDS Archives

February 2013

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Jolie Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN Web Standards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2013 11:14:39 -0600
Hi Folks,
I'm new to the list. I have a question that is not specifically about CSS
as the list description indicates, but a friend thought that someone might
be able to help me with this question...

I'm using twitter for a class assignment in which students use the hashtag
#CI312 (this is for class CI2312/4312 Sex, Drugs, & the Internet) when they
find information on the Internet related to class topics.

Unfortunately the hashtag is not indexed so when I search on twitter for
#CI312, I get no results.

I have created a list for the class:
https://twitter.com/JolieKennedy/sex-drugs-the-internet
However, I would like to be able to search for the hashtag #CI312

I did a little research. I think I need an http client like apache. Here is
the stream that I would like to access from the twitter "firehose."

https://stream.twitter.com/1.1/statuses/filter.json?track=CI312

Here are some of the links with some information.

https://dev.twitter.com/docs/faq#8650
https://dev.twitter.com/docs/streaming-apis/parameters#track
https://dev.twitter.com/docs
https://dev.twitter.com/docs/twitter-libraries

I have never used an http client or twitter library. Anyone know about
this?
Thanks!
Jolie

--