WEBSTANDARDS Archives

October 2009

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Matt Sumera <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN CSS Web Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 2009 11:18:14 -0500
Apologies for cross-posting, but I wanted to make sure you were all
aware of this new group at the U.

Please feel free to send me any questions/comments,

Matt

~~~~~~~~~~~
Greetings,

Does a significant part of your work involve internal communications?
Would you like to be part of a network of University people also engaged
with internal communications at the U?

If so, I invite you to join a new resource -- the Internal
Communications Network (ICN).

The formation of the ICN is an outcome of the Reinventing Internal
Communications initiative. Details about the initiative and its
recommendations can be found here
<http://www1.umn.edu/urelate/internal.html>.

Since the ICN is just under formation, as a member you will be able to
help shape its objectives, direction, and scope. Our hope is to create a
network of people that can both help implement strategies to improve
internal communications at the U, and bring new ideas and suggestions to
the table for shared opportunities.

We hope membership will include communication professionals, web
developers, technology professionals, project managers, and others from
across the University.

The first meeting of the ICN will be held on Friday, October 30 from
9-10:30 a.m. in room 101 Walter Library. If you would like to attend,
please RSVP to Ann Freeman ([log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>)
or Matt Sumera ([log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>).

I look forward to seeing you on the 30th!

Ann Freeman
Director, Internal Communications
University Relations

--