WEBSTANDARDS Archives

November 2009

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

Sender:
UofMN CSS Web Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 2009 09:06:23 -0600
7bit
From:
Kim Doberstein <[log in to unmask]>
I've been using Wisdom-soft's Screen Hunter for years (Windows).  There
is a free version, but it doesn't allow editing of the image.
http://wisdom-soft.com/sh/sh_free.htm

I've heard people like Lightscreen, but I personally haven't used it
(Windows).
http://lightscreen.sourceforge.net/

There is even a portable version you can install on a USB drive:
http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/lightscreen_portable

On the Mac, I use Skitch.  This is also free and allows simple editing
http://skitch.com/

If you are taking screenshots of web pages, I would recommend the
Screengrab add-on for Firefox.  It is simple, free, but doesn't allow
simple editing:

Kim

--

Kim Doberstein

User Interface Designer
Academic Support Resources (ASR)
160 Williamson Hall
University of Minnesota

612-625-8376 | [log in to unmask] | Twitter:kimdobie
AIM: kdoberste | GoogleTalk: kimdobie | UofM Jabber: dobe0002 | Yahoo: kdoberste | MSN: [log in to unmask]

Rah Rah Rah - Ski-U-Mah