WEBSTANDARDS Archives

May 2010

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Kristofer Layon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN CSS Web Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 2010 19:34:06 -0500
Hello CSS-DEV members,

I'm writing to follow up my email last week about a workshop that I'm
doing on campus. It was brought to my attention that I may have
improperly used this mailing list to promote a personal event, and may
have also misused my U email address in doing so.

Ironically, I've tried to be exceptionally careful about keeping my
iPhone projects completely separate from my employment at the U, so
I'll be the first to admit that last week's email was rather careless
in that context.  All I can say is, I wanted to extend a discount
offer that I was providing to another group to members of this list,
so I felt that the use of the list made sense in that regard.

But to be perfectly clear: my workshop is not a University event. If
my University email signature gave anyone a misunderstanding about
that, I apologize.

Finally, the discount I'm extending to you still applies despite my
communication about it via my U email account.  And I'll also note
that the discounted price of $99 provides you admission at-cost, so
I'm not trying to profit from my University colleagues. I'm just
providing an at-cost opportunity to attend an event that might
interest web folks on campus who are already familiar with using web
standards.

If anyone has questions about this workshop or my communications about
it, please email me at [log in to unmask]  Otherwise, I hope my
workshop web site already made it pretty clear that the event is not
endorsed by the U, nor sponsored by the U.  So, sorry again for any
confusion that my @umn.edu email (or the use of this list) may have
caused!

Sincerely,

Kris Layon