WEBSTANDARDS Archives

November 2009

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Benjamin Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN CSS Web Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 2009 14:32:08 -0600
Topic: DEV541 Secure Coding in Java/JEE: Developing Defensible Applications
Date: Tuesday, January 5th, 2010 - Friday, January 8th, 2010
Time: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Central
Location: Carlson School of Management (CSOM) room 2-206
Price: $1,000.00 per person
Registration: http://www.sans.org/registration/ivc.php?lid=19229

*You are invited*

January 5-8, 2010, The Office of Information Technology will host a
four-day Interactive Video Course (IVC) “Secure Coding in Java/JEE”
offered by SANS, an organization known as the best and most trusted
source for computer security training.  http://www.sans.org/

*SANS course description*

"Secure Coding in Java/JEE: Developing Defensible Applications"
http://www.sans.org/security-training/secure-coding-in-java-jee-developing-defensible-applications-912-mid

 “This is a comprehensive course covering a huge set of skills and
knowledge. It's not a high level theory course. It's about real
programming. In this course you will examine actual code, work with
real tools, build applications, and gain confidence in the resources
you need for the journey to improving security of Java applications.

Rather than teaching students to use a set of tools, we're teaching
students concepts of secure programming. This involves looking at a
specific piece of code, identifying a security flaw, and implementing
a fix for that flaw.”

*Registration*

You can register via the SANS Web site at
http://www.sans.org/registration/ivc.php?lid=19229
Registration for this event is limited to the first 50 responders.

*Laptop required*

Please review the laptop requirements at
http://www.sans.org/security-training/laptop.php?tid=1937.

Benjamin Allen                                 [log in to unmask]
University of Minnesota                                   612-625-7885
Office of Information Technology  -  Security & Assurance

     I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several
        days attack me at once.  -- Ashleigh Brilliant