WEBSTANDARDS Archives

June 2013

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Chad Fennell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN Web Standards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jun 2013 20:29:01 -0500
Hack the U is an unconference
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconference>for U of M designers,
developers, sysadmins or other interested parties in
the University of Minnesota community (e.g. bring someone with an
interesting problem to solve) who want to come together to code for a
couple of days.

So what does that mean? That’s up to you. We’ll help facilitate, but
ultimately, you’ll show up with your ideas and your machine. You are smart.
You can do this.

Set aside day-to-day emergencies. Work together with people from across the
University or just get to know your colleagues a little better. Transform
the University IT landscape or just make a small change that makes you
happy.

There will be snacks. There will also be coffee and lunch on both days with
a wrap-up barbecue (with beer!) the evening of the second day.

Our August Code-People meeting will be dedicated to gathering a list of
ideas for Hack the U, so please join us there to pitch your great idea or
to help others refine theirs (August 1, 9:30am, 402 Walter Library).

Many thanks to our sponsors! CLA, UL and OIT.

Register Today! http://hack-the-u-2013.eventbrite.com

For more information, contact [log in to unmask]