WHOLE-MUSIC-LIST Archives

September 2005

WHOLE-MUSIC-LIST@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
David Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Sep 2005 14:37:03 -0500
Howdy Whole Music Club friends and supporters!

As usual, we've got some great shows coming up. Lots of our shows are
free and the ones that aren't are worth the price of admission.

Lots of fun has ensued over the past week: Pretty Girls Make Graves
rocked the house, Mike Lewis and JT Bates made some beautiful music to
an inspired crowd, and Brother + Sister set off our fire alarm. (I've
still got a piece of their hard candy guitar on my desk. Come by to
check it out, but I would not suggest a taste...)

We're working on some more shows coming up soon. We've got some popular
singers and hip-hop acts on the line. We just have to land 'em before we
announce anything!

This week, The Whole's flagship show, Making Music, makes its Fall 2005
premiere. We are very excited to have Robert Skoro here to give an
interview and do some live demonstration stuff. After backing up Mason
Jennings for years, he has released a full-length album called "That
These Things Could Be Ours" on Yep Roc Records. For some Coffman trivia,
Rob's in a photo somewhere in Coffman Union. Can you find it? (answer at
the bottom of this email)

As always, be sure to check out our website for photos from past shows,
suggestions for future shows, and lots more interesting nuggets.
http://www.coffman.umn.edu/whole

cheers,
-Dave Hill

Whole Music Club Manager
(612) 626-7008

********Begin Calendar*********

Tuesday, September 27th
Campus Crusade for Christ presents:
The Campus Crusade Coffeehouse Concert
7:30pm free

Thursday, September 29th
The Whole Music Club presents:
Making Music, featuring Robert Skoro
8:00pm  free
Sponsored by RadioK!

Friday, September 30th
Asian-American Student Union presents:
The ASU Kickoff Bash
9:00pm free

Thursday, October 6th
The Whole Music Club presents:
Irene on TV with special guests Umbrella Sequence and other guests TBA
8:00pm free

Friday, October 14th
MPAC presents:
Shoreline, Daybreak, Drive-by Alibi, and the Metea Strike
8:00pm $3 UofM Students / $5 Guests*

Thursday, October 13th
The Whole Music Club presents:
Making Music, featuring Haley Bonar
8:00pm free
Sponsored by RadioK!

Friday, October 14th
MPAC presents:
Thunderbirds Are Now!, The Plastic Constellations, Doris Henson, and
The Nina The Pinta
8:00pm $3 UofM Students / $5 Guests*
Sponsored by RadioK!

Saturday, October 15th
Gophers After Dark presents:
Comedian Dov Davidoff
10:30pm Free

Sunday, October 16th
Campus Crusade for Christ presents:
The Campus Crusade Coffeehouse Concert
7:30pm free

Thursday, October 21st
The Whole Music Club presents:
The Plot to Blow Up the Eiffel Tower, Islero, and My Rubicon
8:00pm $3 UofM Students / $5 Guests*

Thursday, October 27th
The Whole Music Club presents:
Making Music, featuring James Diers of Halloween, Alaska
8:00pm free
Sponsored by RadioK!

Saturday, October 29th
MPAC presents:
STNNNG, FT (The Shadow Government), and the Sea Whores
8:00pm $3 UofM Students / $5 Guests*
Sponsored by RadioK!

Thursday, November 3rd
The Whole Music Club presents:
Irene on TV
9:00pm free

Thursday, November 10th
The Whole Music Club presents:
Bits Variety Show
8:00pm free

Saturday, November 19th
MPAC presents:
Kiss Me Deadly, Crooked Fingers, and guests TBA
8:00pm $5 UofM Students / $7 Guests*

Thursday, December 1st
The Whole Music Club presents:
Irene on TV
9:00pm free

Saturday, December 3rd
MPAC presents:
Mustard Plug, Sitdown Sarah, Mikey and the Disagreements
8:00pm ticket prices TBA*

Sunday, December 11th
Campus Crusade for Christ presents:
The Campus Crusade Coffeehouse Concert
7:30pm free

* - 18+ with valid picture ID or U of MN UCard required for entry

 (Robert Skoro appears in a photo of the Mason Jennings band playing at
the Grand Opening of Coffman many moons ago. The photo is next to the
Coffman Theater.)