WHOLE-MUSIC-LIST Archives

October 2005

WHOLE-MUSIC-LIST@LISTS.UMN.EDU

Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 2005 16:45:12 -0500
Subject:
Sender:
Whole Music Club Update <[log in to unmask]>
From:
David Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Howdy Whole Music Club friends and supporters!

We are in full swing with the semester, and every week features
different shows. Lots of our shows are free and the ones that aren't are
worth the price of admission.

The Making Music series had a great start this fall with ain interview
with Rob Skoro. One of my favorite parts was when he played three
different versions of the same song that's on his new album "That These
Things Could Be Ours." The first was a demo with just him and piano. The
next was similar, but with his back up band. The final version was the
version that went to the record and featured an awesome marimba. He
shared a lot. Thanks Rob! Be sure to come on by to see Haley Bonar next
week: that's sure to be a treat.

Irene on TV is making it's season debut Thursday night. The Umbrella
Sequence is set to be the musical guest. They haven't played out a lot
lately, so we are really looking forward to a treat. Irene is also going
to be interviewing some UofM women Hockey players, as well as a Carlson
Professor that's also a heavy metal drummer. This year's shows are going
to be much more polished and awesome. We've got some great volunteers
and writers on board this time. I can't believe it's free.

Also, check out MPAC's show this Friday. I've heard Shoreline and
Daybreak before and they are pretty polished and rockin'.

As always, we're working on some more shows coming up soon. If you've
got a favorite band that you would like to see play here, let us know!

As always, be sure to check out our website for photos from past shows,
suggestions for future shows, and lots more interesting nuggets.
http://www.coffman.umn.edu/whole

cheers,
-Dave Hill

Whole Music Club Manager
(612) 626-7008

********Begin Calendar*********

Thursday, October 6th
The Whole Music Club presents:
Irene on TV with special guests Umbrella Sequence and other guests TBA
8:00pm free

Friday, October 14th
MPAC presents:
Shoreline, Daybreak, Drive-by Alibi, and the Metea Strike
8:00pm $3 UofM Students / $5 Guests*

Thursday, October 13th
The Whole Music Club presents:
Making Music, featuring Haley Bonar
8:00pm free
Sponsored by RadioK!

Friday, October 14th
MPAC presents:
Thunderbirds Are Now!, The Plastic Constellations, Doris Henson, and
The Nina The Pinta
8:00pm $3 UofM Students / $5 Guests*
Sponsored by RadioK! Buy a few watts, become a Music Lover and see the
show for free! Details at http://radiok.org

Saturday, October 15th
Gophers After Dark presents:
Comedian Dov Davidoff
10:30pm Free

Sunday, October 16th
Campus Crusade for Christ presents:
The Campus Crusade Coffeehouse Concert
7:30pm free

Thursday, October 20th
The Whole Music Club presents:
Ari Herstand and Coleman Lindberg
8:00pm free

Thursday, October 21st
MPAC presents:
Planes Mistaken for Stars, The Plot to Blow Up the Eiffel Tower,
Islero, and My Rubicon
8:00pm $3 UofM Students / $5 Guests*

Thursday, October 27th
The Whole Music Club presents:
Making Music, featuring James Diers of Halloween, Alaska
8:00pm free
Sponsored by RadioK!

Saturday, October 29th
MPAC presents:
STNNNG, FT (The Shadow Government), and the Sea Whores
8:00pm $3 UofM Students / $5 Guests*
Sponsored by RadioK!

Thursday, November 3rd
The Whole Music Club presents:
Irene on TV
9:00pm free

Thursday, November 10th
The Whole Music Club presents:
Bits Variety Show
8:00pm free

Saturday, November 19th
MPAC presents:
Kiss Me Deadly, Crooked Fingers, and guests TBA
8:00pm $5 UofM Students / $7 Guests*

Thursday, December 1st
The Whole Music Club presents:
Irene on TV
9:00pm free

Saturday, December 3rd
MPAC presents:
Mustard Plug, Sitdown Sarah, Mikey and the Disagreements
8:00pm ticket prices TBA*

Sunday, December 11th
Campus Crusade for Christ presents:
The Campus Crusade Coffeehouse Concert
7:30pm free

* - 18+ with valid picture ID or U of MN UCard required for entry