ISHPSB-L Archives

January 2001

ISHPSB-L@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Chris Young <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Intl Soc for the Hist Phil and Soc St of Biol <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 21:15:10 -0600
From: Robert Perlman <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Call For Papers
Date: Thu, Jan 4, 2001, 2:18 PM

Robert Perlman <[log in to unmask]>
Department of Pediatrics (MC 5058), The University of Chicago
5841 S. Maryland Ave., Chicago, IL 60637
phone: 773/702-6425; fax: 773/702-9234
Editor, Perspectives in Biology and Medicine
Culver Hall 404, 1025 E. 57th St., Chicago IL 60637
<http://muse.jhu.edu/journals/pbm/>

Call for Papers: Perspectives in Biology and Medicine

Perspectives in Biology and Medicine invites essays on any aspect of the
history, philosophy, or social studies of biology or medicine. Perspectives
is an interdisciplinary journal published by the Johns Hopkins University
Press. Our readers include biologists, physicians, students, and scholars in
other disciplines who are interested in biology and medicine. The journal
publishes essays that place biological or medical subjects in broader
historical, ethical, or cultural contexts. The journal is widely-indexed and
is available through Project Muse of the Johns Hopkins University Press.
More information is available on our web site,
<http://muse.jhu.edu/journals/pbm/>.

While we have no word limit, most of our essays aree in the range of 4,000
to 9,000 words. Manuscripts should be prepared according to Chicago Manual
of Style. Because of their conviction that scientific writing should not be
stilted, ponderous, or dull, the editors encourage an informal, humanistic
style that preserves the warmth, excitement, and color of the life and
medical sciences. We seek essays with sound and responsible scholarship that
will hold our readers' attention and interest. All essays are subject to
peer review before publication.

Please direct inquiries to Robert Perlman, Editorial Office,
Perspectives in Biology and Medicine, Culver Hall 404, 1025 East 57th
Street, Chicago, IL  60637; Fax: 773-702-9234;
Email: [log in to unmask]