PUBPOL-L Archives

February 2002

PUBPOL-L@LISTS.UMN.EDU

Sender:
PUBPOL-L Public Policy Network Announcement List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:32:39 -0500
From:
"G. David Garson" <[log in to unmask]>
_-- Public Policy Network - Posting to [log in to unmask] --_

CALL FOR CONTRIBUTORS: DIGITAL GOVERNMENT

Alexei Pavlichev and I (David Garson) are putting together an anthology
titled “Digital Government: Principles and Best Practices.” Although most
chapters are now set, we are still looking for a few additional author-
contributors as described below. The book will be published by Idea Group
Press, which is the publisher for the Information Resource Management
Association (IRMA). Manuscripts will be 25 double-spaced pages and will be
due in final form on October 15, 2002. Those interested should contact Alexei
Pavlichev ([log in to unmask]) or G. David Garson ([log in to unmask]).

There is some flexibility as to the remaining chapters. However, we are
seeking contributions in selected areas such as the following:

A Brief History of the Emergence of Digital Government
Political Implications of Digital Government
Digital Government and Individual Privacy
Digital Government, Outsourcing, Privatization, and Public_Private
Partnership
Data Warehousing and the Organization of Governmental Databases
Federal Training for Digital Government
State and Local Training Resources for Digital Government
Public Employee Acceptance of and Resistance to Digital Government
Real_Time Response, Mobile Computing, and Digital Government
Government and Telecommuting
Digital Government and Citizen Participation
possible other topics

Please note this publishing project is different from “Information Technology
and Computer Applications in Public Administration,” G. David Garson, ed.
This text/reader will be going into a second edition in 2003 under a new title
as “Public Information Technology: Policy and Management Issue,” with all
contributions substantially revised and a few new essays. Contributors are not
longer being sought for this second project, which is also from the same
publisher. Thanks to all who have made this book a success.

Please note that the “Social Science Computer Review,” which I also edit,
also accepts articles in this area for its peer review process.

For further information, feel free to contact me at the e-mail address above or
call 919-515-3067.

Best wishes,
Dave Garson

-
____________________________________

G. David Garson
Editor, Social Science Computer Review
NCSU Box 8102
Department of Political Science and Public Administration
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-8102

For UPS and Express Mail:
G. David Garson
212 Caldwell Hall / PSPA
Hillsborough Street
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-8102

Tel. 919-515-3067
Fax 919-515-7333
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

G. David Garson                  Editor, Social Science Computer Review
NCSU Box 8102                  Full Professor, Department of Political
Raleigh, NC 27695-8102      Science & Public Administration, NCSU

Express Mail, add:              Tel. 919-515-3067
106 Caldwell (PSPA)           Fax 919-515-7333 or 7856
Hillsborough St.                 E-mail: [log in to unmask]

        Public Policy Network - PUBPOL-L
  Supported by the Public Affairs Student Assoc.
  Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs
           University of Minnesota
    http://www.hhh.umn.edu/pubpol/pubpol.htm
  Commands to:  [log in to unmask]
  Subscribe: SUB PUBPOL-L "Your Name"
_ Unsubscribe: UNSUB PUBPOL-L                  _