PUBPOL-L Archives

February 2002

PUBPOL-L@LISTS.UMN.EDU

Sender:
PUBPOL-L Public Policy Network Announcement List <[log in to unmask]>
From:
"Mac, Thu Yen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:44:56 -0500
_-- Public Policy Network - Posting to [log in to unmask] --_

Dear fellow listserv members, are you familiar with the American Society for
Public Administration'sTM/SM premier journal, Public Administration
ReviewTM?

++++++++++++++

Public Administration ReviewTM - an indispensable resource for all involved
in the public sector.
Addressing the larger issues in public administration in exciting and easily
accessible ways.
Read on to find out how you can view a free sample issue online.

Public Administration ReviewTM, published for the American Society for
Public AdministrationTM/SM, is a journal for practitioners, scholars,
teachers, and trainers interested in the public sector and public sector
management. Articles identify and analyze current trends, provide a factual
basis for decision making, stimulate discussion, and make the literature in
the field available in an easily accessible format. With lively book
reviews, special features on "Big Questions/Big Issues" in the field, and a
wide range of articles from nonprofit management, to
international/comparative administration, Public Administration Review is
exciting to read.

Highlights Include:

Government Shekels without Government Shackles? The Administrative
Challenges of Charitable Choice
Sheila Suess Kennedy, Wolfgang Bielefeld
http://www.blackwellpub.com/asp/journal.asp?ref=0033-3352&src=ard&aid=150&ii
d=1&vid=62

Implementing Performance-Based Program Budgeting: A System-Dynamics
Perspective
Gloria A. Grizzle, Carole D. Pettijohn
http://www.blackwellpub.com/asp/journal.asp?ref=0033-3352&src=ard&aid=154&ii
d=1&vid=62

GIS, Public Service, and the Issue of Democratic Governance
Akhlaque Haque
http://www.blackwellpub.com/asp/journal.asp?ref=0033-3352&src=ard&aid=028&ii
d=3&vid=61

Strategic Positioning and the Financing of Nonprofit Organizations: Is
Efficiency Rewarded in the Contributions Marketplace?
Peter Frumkin and Mark T. Kim
http://www.blackwellpub.com/asp/journal.asp?ref=0033-3352&src=ard&aid=029&ii
d=3&vid=61

Big Questions for a Significant Public Administration
John J. Kirlin
http://www.blackwellpub.com/asp/journal.asp?ref=0033-3352&src=ard&aid=015&ii
d=2&vid=61

Ralph's Pretty-Good Grocery versus Ralph's Super Market: Separating
Excellent Agencies from the Good Ones
Jeff Gill and Kenneth J. Meier
http://www.blackwellpub.com/asp/journal.asp?ref=0033-3352&src=ard&aid=002&ii
d=1&vid=61

Budgetary Collective Action Problems: Convergence and Compliance under the
Maastricht Treaty on European Union
James D. Savage
http://www.blackwellpub.com/asp/journal.asp?ref=0033-3352&src=ard&aid=004&ii
d=1&vid=61

A complimentary sample issue of the journal is available for you or your
library to view by completing the form at this web site:
http://www.blackwellpub.com/asp/journal.asp?ref=0033-3352&src=smp

Individual subscription is included with membership to the American Society
for Public AdministrationTM/SM; for more information on becoming a member,
please visit their website: <http://www.aspanet.org/>.

Does your library subscribe to Public Administration ReviewTM?  If not,
please recommend it today by forwarding this message to your librarian. Your
institution's subscription also includes free online access to current and
previous issues for all members of the institution.  Your library can
subscribe securely online at
http://www.blackwellpublishers.co.uk/asp/journal.asp?ref=0033-3352&src=sub
or through their subscription agent.  For further information, call
Blackwell Publishers at 1-800-835-6770 (toll-free in North America), +1
(781) 388-8200 (U.S. office), or +44 1865 244083 (UK office).

> Also Available from Blackwell Publishers:

Journals
PPsyP>
Public Administration
http://www.blackwellpublishers.co.uk/asp/journal.asp?ref=0033-3298

Australian Journal of Public Administration
http://www.blackwellpublishers.co.uk/asp/journal.asp?ref=0313-6647

Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics
http://www.blackwellpublishers.co.uk/asp/journal.asp?ref=1370-4788

I hope you enjoy this free sample opportunity from Blackwell Publishers.  If
you'd like to receive information by email about Blackwell Publishers'
forthcoming books and journals issues, please sign up for our free
e-alerting service (an option that enables you to choose which publications
you wish to be updated about and how often you wish to be updated) at:
http://select.blackwellpublishers.co.uk

> Thank you,
Thu Yen Mac

Visit Blackwell Publishers on the web at http://www.blackwellpub.com > for a
> full table of contents, additional issues and other special offers on >
all of > our titles.

> Please feel free to forward this email to other colleagues who would find
this > interesting.

*If you prefer a paper sample, please email me at [log in to unmask]>

The Society name, logo and journal title are trademarks and/or service marks
of the American Society for Public Administration, Washington, D.C. Used
with permission.

NOTICE  This e-mail is confidential and should not be used by anyone
who is-not-the original intended recipient.  If you have received this
e-mail in error please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox
or any other storage mechanism.  Blackwell Publishing Inc. cannot
accept liability for any statements made which are clearly the sender's
own and not expressly made on behalf of Blackwell Publishing or one
of their agents.

        Public Policy Network - PUBPOL-L
  Supported by the Public Affairs Student Assoc.
  Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs
           University of Minnesota
    http://www.hhh.umn.edu/pubpol/pubpol.htm
  Commands to:  [log in to unmask]
  Subscribe: SUB PUBPOL-L "Your Name"
_ Unsubscribe: UNSUB PUBPOL-L                  _