AMSA-LIST Archives

October 2002

AMSA-LIST@LISTS.UMN.EDU

Date:
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 17:57:22 CST
Hey AMSA,
  I know we are still in a bit of shock from the death of Paul Wellstone,
Sheila Wellstone, Marcia Wellstone, the Wellstone campaign staff, and the
co-pilots on the plane at the beginning of the weekend.  I am glad that we
were able to bring Sheila to the medical school to talk about the amazing
work she did in the area of anti-trafficking of women just earlier this
week.  I know that many of us will feel the loss of such wonderful people.
I hope that this will serve to rededicate us to the mission of making the
world, and particularly the world of health care, a better place for
everybody in the spirit of the Wellstones.  We have truly lost committed
and energetic voices to speak for the underdog in the government.
  As I am sure many of you know, we would like to kick this off with an
event to commemorate World AIDS Day.  Since December 1st (true World AIDS
Day) is on a Sunday, we will be holding commemorative lectures/booths/etc.
on Monday, December 2nd.  There was not any sort of commemoration last
year, and we want to change that.  We will hopefully be working with other
groups within the medical school and other schools in the AHC.
  The planning will start on TUESDAY, OCTOBER 29th at ESPRESSO EXPOSE at
12:15 to 1:20 pm.  Todd Siegel, the superstar 2nd year, will be heading
this up and needs as much help as possible.  So, if you are interested,
please head over to Espresso Expose on Tuesday.  If you are interested, but
cannot make it, please e-mail Todd at [log in to unmask] and let him know.

Hope to see many of you there!

Take care,
 Celia