AMSA-LIST Archives

November 2002

AMSA-LIST@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Caleb R Schultz [log in to unmask]
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 17:31:15 CST
Hey AMSA members,

The email below is about a medical opportunity in Ghana which could be a
great experience for interested students between first and second year.
See the AMSA web address for other international health opportunities.

Peace,
Caleb
MS1

On 17 Nov 2002, Marcella Mousavi wrote:

> --Boundary_(ID_5SJStOkjQYLIfOrlCviwkA)
>

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Here is an new International Health Opportunity that will soon be added
> our web page. http://www.amsa.org/global/ih/intlintro.cfm
> GHANA
> Address here:UNIVERSITY OF GHANA MEDICAL
SCHOOL.KORLE-BU,ACCRA,WEST-AFRICA.

> Phone:+233-21-685701/678401E-mail: [log in to unmask] Fax:
> +233-21-685702Website: Main Contact:
>   Elective-Exchange Officer: Joseph A.Afriye,
>
> ROOM B 63 MEDICAL STUDENTS HOSTEL,UNIVERSITY OF GHANA MEDICAL
> SCHOOL,KORLE-BU,ACCRA,GHANA.
>
> Type of Institution: Medical School Comments on type of institution:
> University/HospitalSetting of main facility: Urban Comments on setting:
> Hospital, University Setting of elective: UrbanComments or further
> Accept medical students from countries other than the U.S.: Yes How many:
> 10-20From what countries or regions: Great
Britain,Canada,Switzerland,Germany
> What year medical students are eligible for these internships: Any Year
in
> Med. Sch. How far in advance to apply: 3 monthsBest way to contact: Email

> Opportunities available: Pre-clinical and Clinical: Community
> health/preventive medicine, all areas of research, all disciplines of
> Preclinical and clinical programs/electives.
> Financial support provided for US students: NoTuition or site fees:
> 250USDHousing costs: 100-300USDLocal travel costs: 50-100USDOther costs:
> 100USD/MONTH FOOD
> Preferred duration of elective: 4 weeks and aboveMinimum time desired: 4
> weeksClosed or less convenient times: Available all yearHousing
availability:
> student hostels,nearby hotels and Guest Houses.Housing Assistance:
housing
> would be arranged for students who are able to pay for the cost of
housing as
> stated above.
> Primary language: English(official language)Secondary language: Level of
> proficiency:
> Ongoing partnership with other institutions: YesInstitution partner(s):
In
> USA,CANADA and alot more EUROPEAN  MEDICAL SCHOOLS.
> Additional comments:  Students are adviced to come along with their Lab.
> coats and all other materials to facilitate their studies.Ghana is a
place
> for all,alot more interesting sites for tourist attraction.Ghanaian
> environment is extremely hospitable.You will be happy you made it.

How many deaths of other people's children by bombing or starvation
are we willing to accept in order that we may be free, affluent, and
(supposedly) at peace?  To that question I answer:  None.  Please, no
children.  Don't kill any children for my benefit.   by Wendell Berry,
Christian Ethicist and Theologian