AMSA-LIST Archives

November 2002

AMSA-LIST@LISTS.UMN.EDU

Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 13:38:28 -0600
--------------D890AABBA4B5DE341ED8E5EC

    United Leaders of Minnesota will be conducting an informational
session about the
organization's Institute for Political Service (IPS) tomorrow, Thursday,
November 21, at 5:30pm, in Folwell Hall, room 116.  The IPS is an eight
week, political fellowship program unlike any in the country, that
provides its participants with the tools, resources, support and network
necessary to pursue honorable careers in political service.  The IPS
includes two, four week internship placements in various governmental,
non-profit, political and campaign offices.  Through the IPS suppers,
participants will have the opportunity to learn from the country's
foremost politicians, authors, activists and professors.  The IPS also
includes academic seminars on a variety of subjects, service learning
opportunities and policy discussions.  Participants are college
undergraduates, between the ages of 18 and 24, who desire a career in
the political process. Housing and a stipend are included with the
program.  The IPS will be conducted in Boston and Washington, DC during
the summer of 2003.  The IPS is one of the premier programs in the
country connecting young people with the political process.  Check out
our website to learn more:
http://www.unitedleaders.org/home/default.asp

    Immediately following the informational session, we will be meeting
with Anoka Mayor Bjorn Skogquist at the Shuang Cheng restaurant in
Dinkytown, located at 1320 4th St SE.  We will be discussing the issue
of young people and their involvement in the political process.  Mayor
Skogquist is one of the youngest Mayors in Minnesota, and was just
reelected with over 60% of the vote to another four year term.  Come
meet one of Minnesota's rising political stars!  We'll be meeting with
him at 6:30pm.  We'll be walking over to the restaurant from our
informational session.  If you can't attend the informational session,
please feel free to stop by and meet Bjorn!

We hope to see you this Thursday!

Jed Ipsen
United Leaders of Minnesota

  Inspiring our generation, the Millennials, to pursue honorable careers
    in political service by involving them in politics as a means for
                         positive social change.

--------------D890AABBA4B5DE341ED8E5EC

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <b>United Leaders of Minnesota</b> will be conducting
an informational session about the
Thursday, November 21, at 5:30pm, in Folwell Hall, room 116</b>.&nbsp;
The IPS is an eight week, political fellowship program unlike any in the
country, that provides its participants with the tools, resources, support
and network necessary to pursue honorable careers in political service.&nbsp;
The IPS includes two, four week internship placements in various governmental,
non-profit, political and campaign offices.&nbsp; Through the IPS suppers,
participants will have the opportunity to learn from the country's <b>foremost
politicians, authors, activists and professors</b>.&nbsp; The IPS also
includes academic seminars on a variety of subjects, service learning opportunities
and policy discussions.&nbsp; Participants are college undergraduates,
between the ages of 18 and 24, who desire a career in the political process.

<b>Housing and a stipend are included with the program</b>.&nbsp; The
IPS will be conducted in Boston and Washington, DC during the summer of
2003.&nbsp; The IPS is one of the premier programs in the country connecting
young people with the political process.&nbsp; Check out our website to
learn more:
we will be meeting with <b>Anoka Mayor Bjorn Skogquist</b> at the Shuang
Cheng restaurant in<b> Dinkytown, located at 1320 4th St SE</b>.&nbsp;
We will be discussing the issue of young people and their involvement in
the political process<b>.&nbsp; Mayor Skogquist is one of the youngest
Mayors in Minnesota</b>, and was just reelected with over 60% of the vote
to another four year term.&nbsp; Come meet one of Minnesota's rising political
stars!&nbsp; <b>We'll be meeting with him at 6:30pm</b>.&nbsp; We'll be
walking over to the restaurant from our informational session.&nbsp; If
you can't attend the informational session, please feel free to stop by
and meet Bjorn!
<center>
careers in political service by involving them in politics as a means for
positive social change.</i></center>

--------------D890AABBA4B5DE341ED8E5EC--