]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

AMSA-LIST Home

AMSA-LIST  December 2002

AMSA-LIST December 2002

[AMSA] Fwd: [intlhealth] AIDS EMERGENCY ACTION

Stephanie D. Stanton [log in to unmask]

Wed, 18 Dec 2002 23:18:05 CST

I realize this is the AMSA list serve :-) but in the spirit of making this
phone call cheaper and easier for everyone, I wanted to share an AMA tool
with everyone.  Here's the toll free AMA hotline to the whitehouse: +1
(800) 833-6354

You can use this even if you're not an AMA member.  It's cool to use,
because the menu allows you to select which of your representative's office
you wish to speak to.  So this is a handy number to keep around.

;-) Steph

=
> > The President is going to Africa on January 10th which means that he is
=
> > considering a AIDS intiative RIGHT NOW.  Without it, 2.5 million people
=
> > will die from AIDS in Africa next year.  Your call to the President can
=
> > make a difference.
> >
> > PLEASE CALL THE WHITE HOUSE at (202) 456-1111 between 9 am and 5 pm on
=
> > Wednesday and Thursday December 18th and 19th.  We suggest the
following
> =
> > message:=20
> >
> > "I am calling to urge the President to offer a historic AIDS intiative
on
> =
> > his trip to Africa to offer hopw to the 2.5 million people who die each
=
> > year of AIDS in Africa.  If the President will commit between $2.5 and
3
> =
> > billion each year, we can save millions of lives.
> >
> > Please also call your local Senator and Representative at (202)
225-3121