CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2003

From:
Lisa Avila <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:03:20 -0500

Hello,

You may wish to add ITK (www.itk.org) and VolView to your list
(http://www.kitware.com/products/volview.html).

ITK is an open source toolkit for segmentation and registration of 3D
volumetric data sets. This toolkit is sponsored by the National Library of
Medicine.

VolView is a commercial application for 3D volume visualization. In the
next version (VolView 2.0 - due out in April), VolView will support
multiple component data, and will provide plug-in access to functionality
from VTK or ITK. A "free" version of VolView (with reduced functionality
but still supporting the plug-ins) will be available, as well as a 30-day
trial of the commercial version.

You should also change your VTK link to www.vtk.org.

Lisa S. Avila
Kitware, Inc.