AMSA-LIST Archives

April 2003

AMSA-LIST@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Leila Babaeva [log in to unmask]
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 02 Apr 2003 22:08:07 CST
Josh,
Can you please post this on the AMSA listserve? If you have any ideas as to
how we can publicize this event to the maximum, I would really appreciate
hearing them. Thanks so much.
Best,
Leila Babaeva

(612) 247-5862

As America unifies to address threats to security abroad, that unity
provides the opportunity to reexamine proposals to bring security to the
over 40 million Americans who lack health insurance. The University of
Minnesota Parliamentary Debate Society presents a debate: The US should
adopt a system of National Health Insurance. Arguing in favor of such a
system will be Dr. Mark Becker, Dean of the University of Minnesota School
of Public Health. Joining Dr. Becker will be U of M Debater Leila Babaeva.
Opposing the single payer plan will be Jim Frogue, a former health care
policy analyst at the Heritage Foundation and currently Director of the
Health and Human Services Task Force at American Legislative Exchange
Council. U of M Debater Zach Coelius will be joining Dr. Matthews as member
of the opposition. The debate will take place in Willey Hall 125, April 9,
at 7:30 p.m. Audience participation will be encouraged in the form of short
speeches for or against the proposal. Contact Leila Babaeva at
612-247-5862 or visit www.umpds.org for more information.