AMSA-LIST Archives

December 2003

AMSA-LIST@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Quy TonAMSA [log in to unmask]
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 07 Feb 2003 10:05:45 -0600
Hey SNMA and AMSA folks,

Our first planning meeting for the Cultural Arts Show (tentatively entitled
"Harambe") is set for next Monday at 12:15 in Mayo B646.

A slight shift in focus, which we think will make planning for the show
easier and more enjoyable: We will be inviting members of the local
community to perform and display their artistic talents and experiences in
addition to the folks here at our med school.  Since many of us have local
connections, we will be seeking your input on whom to involve in our 1st
Cultural Arts Show on Sat., April 5th, in the brand new Coffman Theater, a
430-seat multi-media theater that has a much more intimate atmosphere than
either PWB 2-470 or MT 2-650.

As we mentioned at our last meetings, planning for the show and fundraising
will require the help of all SNMA and AMSA members as well as other
interested classmates in order for the show to be a successful annual event
that brings together (Harambe) our entire medical school along with the
community in which we belong.

Please try to attend this first meeting as we will start dividing up duties
into three committees (Performance/Tech; Fundraising; Advertising).  It will
be important to see how much wo/manpower we have -- the more people we have
involved, the less work for each of us and the more successful our efforts
will be.  If you are unable to attend the meeting, please email Quy or Cuong
(Coo) to tell us which committee you want to join prior to the meeting, if
possible.

We'll send an email over the weekend to let you know what ideas and the
overall vision we have so far.  Please feel free to provide input before the
first meeting.  We look forward to your ideas and suggestions.

Quy and Cuong