AMSA-LIST Archives

December 2004

AMSA-LIST@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Joshua R Rhein [log in to unmask]
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:14:13 CST
Hi everyone,

Following the discussion seminar on Tuesday (tomorrow!) night on AIDS in
African communities, we will be holding a short meeting to discuss plans
for an upcoming "Town Hall Meeting" on global AIDS.  After the days
lectures on AIDS in World, this is your chance to get involved!

Several students have been organizing the town hall meeting which will
feature discussions by public health and medical experts in the field,
leaders from the faith-based, AIDS advocacy, and business communities, and
elected officials including Senator Norm Coleman.  This will be an
opportunity for the Minnesota health community to tell our representatives
that we are concerned about continuing AIDS pandemic in the US and around
the world.

But there is lots to do, and we need your input!  Here is the high-yield:

What: Town Hall Planning Meeting
When: Tuesday, Feb. 17 at 7:00 PM (following AIDS dicussion seminar)
Where: WDH 2-110/140

We have a lot to discuss, but promise to stay on task and keep it all under
and hour.  Hope to see you then!

Sorry for any cross-postings.