AMSA-LIST Archives

March 2007

AMSA-LIST@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
James McCabe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
American Medical Student Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2007 14:01:56 -0700
AMSA will be coordinating a week of lobbying at the
Minnesota state capitol from April 16 to April 20 on a
universal health care bill, SF2.

On Monday, April 16, there will be a lunch lecture
where you can learn about the bill as well as learn
how to lobby. Throughout the week, we will set up
meetings for medical students with their legislators,
culminating in a group lobby day the afternoon of
Friday, April 20. We wanted to give you plenty of
notice so you can keep time free in your busy
schedule.

If you’re interested, talk to Michelle Carlson, MS2,
[log in to unmask], or Anne O’Connor, MS1,
[log in to unmask], or sign up in the back of your
classroom.

Please include the date you are available to lobby and
your voting address.

- Michelle Carlson