LISTSERV Archives

TAMIL-T Home

TAMIL-T  April 2007

TAMIL-T April 2007

lctl enrollments and beyond

Louis Janus <[log in to unmask]>

Tamil language teachers' list <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 23 Apr 2007 09:14:37 -0500

Dear members of CARLAs listservs.

I will be giving a talk (at Colorado State) and leading a discussion
(at U of Minnesota) in the next few weeks about various programmatic
aspects of LCTL teaching in North America.

It is sure to be a topic, so I'm asking for any ideas from LCTL
teachers. Here are some things I'd like to hear from you about.

* enrollments in your courses and programs. Are they staying
constant, increasing, declining?
* what do you do to encourage enrollments (what kind of outreach, publicity) ?
* what are the factors you perceive in enrollment fluctuations?
* what do you see as the long-term goals and stability in your program?
* any other serious issues facing you in your program?

This is not a scientific investigation. I would be happy if my
questions point to some interesting perspectives.

Feel free to answer either to this list, or to me directly
<[log in to unmask]>, if you'd rather.

I will collect and publicize any results.

Thanks in advance,

Louis
--
Louis Janus
  Less Commonly Taught Languages (LCTL) Project