ARETE-USER Archives

May 2007

ARETE-USER@LISTS.UMN.EDU

Sender:
Arete User <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2007 02:37:34 -0500
7bit
From:
Alex Saint Croix <[log in to unmask]>
I don't see why we can't write something that allows us to break down
XML files into less complicated blocks of files.  This is definitely
something that should get written.

Along the lines of managing complexity, it were best we had a real user
interface for authoring these rule sets.  I would like to see something
that manages the creation of object mappings to propositional variables,
and the large-scale authoring and categorization of rule subsets.
Ideally users would never even see the XML file, but it would be
packaged in a manner similar to how OpenOffice packages its XML file
descriptors.

It is not a high priority for me to write this at the moment, however.
Still, I believe it is in the JIRA.

Best,
--
Alexander Saint Croix