AMSA-LIST Archives

August 2007

AMSA-LIST@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Rhamy Magid <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
American Medical Student Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2007 11:21:06 -0500
Hello AMSA!

I'm writing to invite you to a very special lunch with the AMSA
National President on Wednesday, Sep. 5, in Moos 2-650.  Dr. Mike
Ehlert is making a trip to the U to share his vision of AMSA and to
discuss specific action we can take here in Minnesota in pursuit of
our goal of health care justice.  Given our members' evident interest
in Health Policy and Global Health, I have asked Dr. Ehlert to touch
on these topics in particular.

Mike is a graduate of Case Western Reserve University School of
Medicine and is currently taking a year to serve AMSA's 68,000
members full time at the national office in Washington D.C.  His
academic interests have included spinal instrumentation and novel
devices, as well as solid organ transplants.  His health care
activism has included everything from organizing speaking engagements
to organizing rallies at the 2004 Vice Presidential Debates, which
were covered by national news media.

Lunch will be served.  Hope to see you all there!

Rhamy Magid
MS2
University of Minnesota Medical School

**For more on AMSA at the local and national level, check out our
chapter website at http://www.student.med.umn.edu/amsa/