AMSA-LIST Archives

February 2008

AMSA-LIST@LISTS.UMN.EDU

Sender:
American Medical Student Association <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Joy Brintnall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Feb 2008 19:40:20 -0600
Hi folks!

As you may have heard, we are planning a bake sale to raise funds for
everyone to go to the National Convention in March.  The plan is to
get coffee, donated baked goods, and to make a few goodies of our own
(I happen to know we have a couple of amazing bakers in the 1st year
class) and sell them before the Guthrie performance of Miss Evers'
Boys on February 14 (V-Day).  Hopefully we can get a couple
volunteers to sit around Moos in the afternoon as well to make sure
everything gets sold.

So...

1.  Does anyone have a cheap way to get coffee?  Options are:
	a. get a big percolator and brew our own
	b. solicit donations
	c. buy coffee from a coffeeshop.

2.  Can you volunteer to bake something?

3.  Soliciting donations.
	I will go to Grand Ave. tomorrow and hit up the bakeries.  (Woullet,
Caffe Latte, Bread and Chocolate, Breadsmith...)
	Ann: can you check with a couple bakeries in NE? (Crescent moon,
holy land, Blackey's)
	Jeremy: you get the Franklin St bakery, and maybe see what you can
find on lake st...

	If anyone else has any ideas, please check them out.  Basically what
we're doing is asking for their day olds which we will pick up on the
evening of the 13th.  They are supporting medical students to go to a
conference about political and social issues in health care.  You can
give them a little synopsis of what AMSA stands for if they're
interested, otherwise tell them that we will be selling their goods
as donations and we will display their company name as having donated
in a high traffic area at the U of M/University hospital.

Thanks for your help!!
Let me know if you can bake or if you got someone to agree to donate.
Joy