AMSA-LIST Archives

March 2008

AMSA-LIST@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Anne O'Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne O'Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2008 16:39:02 -0600
Hello AMSAers!

We've got some exciting events coming up in AMSA, so we thought it
might be good to all get together and discuss. We are meeting
TOMORROW, MARCH 5 at 7:30 pm at BIG 10. We'll probably get one of the
big tables in the back. The agenda is as follows:

1. National Convention: It's coming up NEXT WEEK! We need to get
organized about when everyone is flying down, sharing cabs from the
airport, hotel rooms etc. We also need to talk a little bit about our
plans for the RNC, as some people from AMSA national are interested in
talking to us about this issue on Wednesday when we get there.
EVERYONE ATTENDING THE NATIONAL CONVENTION SHOULD TRY TO ATTEND
TOMORROW.

2. Lobbying: The legislative session started at the beginning of
February, and we need to get moving NOW! All health policy people
should come to the meeting if you are interested in helping choose a
bill. In the next week we will be organizing talking points, putting
together a training session, contacting the students interested in
lobbying and setting up appointments with representatives.

3. Fundraising: We're thinking about doing a coat-embroidery and
business card sale. If you are interested in organizing, come to the
meeting and we'll all talk.

4. Fun-raising. That's right. We'll have some beers and food and fun.
So don't miss it!

See you all tomorrow!