AMSA-LIST Archives

March 2008

AMSA-LIST@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Anne O'Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne O'Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2008 14:53:50 -0500
Hello AMSA!

Do you want to see Universal Health Care in Minnesota?

Do you want to learn how to effect legislative change?

Do you want to become a better advocate for your patients?

Do you want to eat yummy free Thai food?

Then come to our Lobby Training Workshop on Friday, March 28th. This
is a great opportunity to learn how to participate in the political
process and help achieve the health care reform we desperately need.
We'll have a 20 minute lecture on how to lobby, then break out into
groups to go over talking points for a Universal Health Care bill and
practice your shiny new lobbying skills. If you feel confident at the
end of the workshop, we will also arrange appointments for you and an
experienced med-student to go lobby your state senator and
representative at the capitol in the next few months.

The workshop is LIMITED to 20 participants. E-mail me, Anne O'Connor,
at [log in to unmask] if you would like to attend. It's going to be fun
and informative, so don't miss it!