CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2008

Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2008 10:23:54 -0700
From:
Glen MacDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:

Another lab called me about uneven illumination from the liquid light
guide attached to a Sutter DG-4.  directing the adapter  at the wall
showed a  pattern of more or less concentric rings, dark in the
center, that was not corrected by focusing light  guide in the
adapter.  In this case the problem was that the light guide had been
bent too sharply coming out of the DG-4 after a recent move to a new
lab.  It had been allowed to drop directly down to the floor from its
connection to the DG-4.  Fortunately, they had a spare on the shelf.  I

Regards,
Glen
Glen MacDonald
Core for Communication Research
Virginia Merrill Bloedel Hearing Research Center
Box 357923
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-7923  USA
(206) 616-4156

******
The box said "Requires WindowsXP or better", so I bought a Macintosh.
******