MOU-RBA Archives

November 2008

From:
Chad Heins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chad Heins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Nov 2008 18:37:31 -0700
Hey birders!

I was out birding with Dave Johnson this afternoon and we discovered a Northern
Mockingbird at Minneopa State Park.  The
bird was located on the prairie side of the park located off of Highway
68.  Take the prairie road westward to the dead oaks
that are along the road.  The bird was foraging about 100 yards beyond this on the northwest
(right--as you go in) side of the road where there are sumac and buckthorn
trees.  The bird was probably about 20 yards from the road and very
cooperative.

We also found two Yellow-rumped Warblers and an Eastern Bluebird mixed in with
the robins and waxwings in the park's junipers.

Flocks of Lapland Longspurs and Horned Larks were also found off County Road 32
south of Hwy 60.  A couple of Snow Buntings were mixed in.

Happy birding!

Chad Heins
Mankato, MN