MOU-RBA Archives

November 2008

From:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 2008 12:00:49 -0700
Hi all,
?
I have posted this before but I think the MOU is a little messed up so I'll try again.? On the 26 of Nov. Wed. I was on an appointment for work and?was?driving on CR 5 just east of Klossner just before township rd 154( next road is CR 12 south)?on the south side of CR 5 sitting on a hay bale was a Snowy Owl.?Very Beautiful and stood out with lack of snow. ?It was alittle north of New Ulm.? Also on the 24th of Nov. Mon. I was driving on Viking Blvd. in? Anoka County just before Boot lake on the east side of the road in a row of large spruce trees ( house # was 20015) there were 6 White-Winged Crossbills and I found a female Black-Backed Woodpecker at the Martin Lake picnic area(Anoka County).? If you take the trail toward the west there is a spot where the trail continues on or turns to the south. Where it turns to the south is where I found her not in the spruce grove but just out side of it.? I then Headed over to Sherburn NWR and found 16 White-Winged Crossbills in the Spruce Grove at Blue Hill Trail.

Good Birding To All
Nowthen (Anoka County)

Chris Brown