What a fun count this was.
Also missing was the Waxwings.
We found various High Bush Cranberrys still with 100% of fruit.
This circle contiunes to be a unique place that much is hard to get into. Both north and south birds and never a duck.
Good birders needed for next year....
From: Minnesota Birds [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Alt,
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 12:49 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [mou-net] Snowy Owl, Black-billed magpie in Pine County CBC
Here are the counts for the CBC for Pine County held Dec 29th, 2008.
* Snowy Owl at a private residence east of Duquette
* Black-billed Magpie seen for count week at private residence east of Kerrick
* More Common Redpolls than we have ever seen!
* No Pine Grosbeaks
* Boreal Chickadee, White-winged Crossbills and Gray Jay along Net Lake Road east of Nickerson
* New count bird American Robin!
Join or Leave mou-net:http://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=mou-net