MOU-RBA Archives

January 2009

From:
sparky stensaas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
sparky stensaas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 2009 08:49:27 -0700
I am forwarding this request from DNR biologist Steve Wilson:"This is turning out to be another boreal owl irruption year. As with most such events, a small proportion of the birds become hungry enough they're forced to hunt in the daytime, and unfortunately, in some cases perish. Once again I'm interested in documenting these occurrences. If you know of a sighting of a boreal owl, especially any carcasses found, please let me know as soon as possible. The date of the sighting, observer's name and contact info, and as precise a location as possible are important to record. Dead birds should be frozen in a plastic bag with the requested information included in the bag. They can be dropped off at any DNR Wildlife Office, or I'll try to make arrangements for a transfer of the carcass when I'm contacted. All carcasses properly taken care of will go to the University of Minnesota collection for educational and research use, or be mounted for educational use at local schools or other public offices. Thanks for your assistance." Steve Wilson218-753-6110 (h)218-753-2580x270 (w)

http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_hm_justgotbetter_explore_012009