MOU-RBA Archives

January 2009

From:
Jim Lind <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 2009 15:53:06 -0700
Gary Leeper found a male American Three-toed Woodpecker at Lighthouse
Point in Two Harbors on the 8th and it was still present today.  It
has been working several dead and dying spruces east of the
lighthouse along the (unplowed) walking trail.

This afternoon I found a dead Boreal Owl in the snow at 2nd Avenue
and 2nd Street in downtown Two Harbors.  The keel was very "sharp" so
it probably starved.  I haven't heard of any other reports so far
this winter.

Jim Lind
Two Harbors