MOU-RBA Archives

January 2009

From:
Steve Weston <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Weston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2009 00:27:32 -0700
Saturday

Jim Ryan and I found a beautiful male Harlequin Duck in full breeding plumage and a Redhead Duck below the railroad bridge in Prescott, Wisc.  Both were on the Minnesota side of the river.  Trumpeter Swans were everywhere with over twenty swans in at least five locations in Dakota County and on the river at Prescott.  Robins were also everywhere.  One or two Northern Shrikes were seen at Black Dog Lake.  Many Red-tailed Hawks were soaring or perched.  A Red-breasted Nuthatch was at the feeder by Acacia Cemetery and four Snow Buntings raced along the road east of Vermillion.  We did not locate any Crossbills, winter finches, Snowy Owls (at the airport), or Cedar Waxwings.