MOU-RBA Archives

January 2009

From:
Don Kienholz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Don Kienholz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2009 15:50:00 -0700
Hi all...

As I type this there is a Boreal Owl 6 feet from my window on my bird feeder.

oops

The Owl just caught a shrew from under the feeder and bit it and flew into woods for dinner... how cool!!

This it my 4th Boreal Owl for my yard list.
I will watch for it and post if it returns tommorrow. I got some cool pics!

over the weekend 3!! of my coworkers reported to me seeing "small" owls in there yards and near feeders. One has pics I will look at soon, One was thought to be a Boreal in Duluth Twshp North of Duluth and one was unidentified.

Several Boreal Owl Sightings alive and dead this past week.

regards,

Don Kienholz
Duluth MN
Rice Lake Twshp
Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Chat. Store. Share. Do more with mail.
http://windowslive.com/howitworks?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t1_hm_justgotbetter_howitworks_012009