MOU-RBA Archives

January 2009

From:
Jeff Nichols <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Nichols <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2009 18:48:20 -0700
A group of us birded our way from central Iowa to northeastern Minnesota today. We relocated the Snowy Owl in Dodge County this morning at 10:15 am. The owl was 0.25 miles east of CR-3 (130th Ave) and just south of CR-4 (710th St), on the south side of a drainage ditch and along a fence line running north-south.

Late in the afternoon, we quickly made a run through the Sax-Zim area, and relocated a Great Gray Owl on McDavitt Rd. (CR-213) 2.9 miles north of the Sax Road (CR-28).

We're going to be birding in northern Minnesota until mid-day Monday, and we'd be quite interested to hear from anyone who finds a live Boreal Owl during our time in the area. Thanks!

Jeff Nichols
Boone County, Iowa
515-231-1146 (cell)
Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Chat. Store. Share. Do more with mail.
http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t1_hm_justgotbetter_explore_012009