MOU-RBA Archives

February 2009

From:
Scott Loss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott Loss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2009 13:48:59 -0700
The Varied Thrush reported by Liz Harper in Roseville from this morning was present in the original location at 2:00 pm today (Friday).  The location was quiet when I first arrived, but within 10 minutes the Thrush (a male) flew in from a yard to the northeast and fed for a couple minutes before flying back to the northeast (but not far).  There were several robins feeding in the tree at one point, but the Varied Thrush was by itself when it was feeding.

Thanks to Liz for sharing this great find!

Scott Loss
St. Paul - St. Anthony Park

Original Post:

My husband and I  observed and photographed a Varied Thrush between 7:55 and
8:10 am this morning.  The bird was in the crab apple trees on the NW corner
of the intersection of Merrill and County Road C2.  The bird flew a few
trees to the north on Merrill street.

Liz