MOU-RBA Archives

February 2009

From:
Steve Weston <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Weston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2009 00:58:43 -0700
Jim Howitz reported a Snowy Owl hanging around the Eagan Community Center, which is west of Pilot Knob between Lone Oak and Yankee Doodle.  He also reported that the owl was also seen along I-35e south of Yankee Doodle.  I looked for the owl today (tuesday) unsuccessfully.  I did find a Northern Shrike by Home Depot as well as several Red-tailed Hawks.   I also found a Cooper's Hawk perched in a tree along Yankee Doodle west of Pilot Knob.

I have a Northern Flicker that is coming to the feeder and water at my house.

Bob Russel mentioned that it is getting to be time to watch the Crossbills for nesting, which makes sense as this is the time when their food supply is at maximum availability.