]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

MOU-RBA Home

MOU-RBA  February 2009

MOU-RBA February 2009

Re: [mou-net] [mnbird] [mou-net] Varied Thrush in Ramsey Cty seen 2/7

linda whyte <[log in to unmask]>

linda whyte <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 8 Feb 2009 10:11:52 -0700

The Roseville Varied Thrush is an easy find and quick stake-out; I've
just come from there, and enjoyed great views of the bird.
Take Snelling Ave. north, past Rosedale and past County C; County C2
is not much farther north, On C2 go right, or east, crossing Hamline,
and proceed east to Merrill. There's a "No Parking' sign on C2, but
you can park on Merrill. You can't miss the loaded crab-apple trees on
the NE corner, and you won't need to leave your car.
After after several minutes, the bird flew in to eat, briefly. Around
10 to 15 minutes later, it returned, grabbed a bit more food, then sat
in the tree to sun itself. There were many robins flying in and out of
the crab-apple, and between them and the complexities of the fruited
foliage, it was not always easy to pick out the bird, unless you
concentrated on the faces and throats. It was a very rewarding search,
however!
Good luck, Scott.
Linda Whyte