MOU-RBA Archives

March 2009

From:
Dedrick Benz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dedrick Benz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 2009 19:00:21 -0600
At about 6:15 PM Tuesday evening I found a nice white Ross's Goose just south of Reno, MN.  It had a very petite bill and showed no signs of hybridization.  There is a small wetland complex along highway 26 between Reno and Houston County Road 249.  The bird was about 200 yds. north of 249 on the east side of the road.  The bird was less than 100 yards out, but was on the other side of some railroad tracks that make the bird hard to see heading south down 26.  So you may want to head down to 249, make a u-turn, and head north on 26.  It'll make sense once you're there.  The Ross's was with a group of seven Canada geese.

Note:  I just used to Google to note the location, and they have the town of Reno marked as Genoa (there is a Genoa, WI across the river).  So, Genoa, MN is actually Reno, MN.  Clear as mud?

All in all, the Mississippi River was hopping from La Crescent south, with hundreds of pelicans, Tundra Swans and waterfowl including my first Ruddy Duck of the year.

Dedrick Benz

Winona, MN

Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for HotmailŪ.