MOU-RBA Archives

April 2009

Date:
Sun, 19 Apr 2009 19:41:29 -0600
My wife and I looked for the Scoter tonight without success.  There were
only 3 Lesser Scaup and few loons and a dozen or so gulls on the lake so I
would assume they have all moved on.
We also decide to check Fish Lake here in Kanabec county on our way home and
there were easily several thousand gulls roosting on the lake tonight and
there was one gull in particular that caught my eye.  A very large gull that
looked to stand out from all the rest of the gulls.  Great Black Backed gull
is what I was thinking but, by no means am I at all positive that's what it
is because the viewing conditions were horrible with barely any light left.
I'm going to try and get back out there right away in the morning before the
gulls take off and hopefully relocated it and make a positive ID.  There
were also about 50 Pelicans on the lake as well.

Craig Menze
Mora Kanabec Co