MOU-RBA Archives

April 2009

Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 2009 18:10:08 -0600
This winter/spring I don't think I have ever had as many Redpolls as there
has been this year.  Even today there were still at least 75 or more Polls
at my feeders.  This evening now I also had as close to what you would call
a classic Hoary Redpoll at my feeder.  Very aggressive little bugger and
wouldn't let other Redpolls feed with him.  This is the 4-5 Hoary Redpoll
that I have had this winter and the easiest one to ID as well.  It's fun
having so many Redpolls to watch but, I'm ready for them to start heading
back north since I'm getting sick of buying so much thistle seed.