MOU-RBA Archives

May 2009

From:
Jim Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 21 May 2009 07:54:00 -0600
Hi Birders,
Yesterday evening I refound the *Bell's Vireo* at the same spot as last year
(near Lake Nokomis).  Due to the wind (I believe) it was not entirely
cooperative. I had to wait well over half an hour to catch a brief glimpse,
although I heard it calling several times.  It was favoring the dense
undergrowth south of the BIG, burned tree stump last night.

Also present was a flock of *Cedar Waxwings, Forsters Tern* (pretty
sure) *Eastern
Kingbirds* (in the mud on the shore) a* Yellow Warbler* and several *
Baltimore Orioles* among the usual suspects.

Bonus bird was a *Warbling Vireo* at 20 feet(FOY) on the way back to the
car.

Next, it was down to the airport where the *Mockingbird* was at the same
spot as last year and very cooperative. See other posts for specific
directions.   I recommend sitting at the cul-de-sac facing the obelisk like
sign until you spot it.  It took less than a minute for me last night.  Then
I drove up and got 20 feet from the mocker on the fence.
 Big thanks again to Diana Doyle for finding these birds!

--
Sincerely,

Jim Ryan
Saint Paul's Westside
--
Your life is what your thoughts make it. - Marcus Aurelius