MOU-RBA Archives

May 2009

From:
Dave Bartkey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Bartkey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 May 2009 14:50:58 -0600
Hi everyone,

  John Hockema and I found a Hudsonian Godwit this morning at Straight River Marsh, which is along the east side of CR 45 just north of Hwy. 30. Also present were 12 Willets and 4 Wilson's Phalaropes.

  We found Willets in two other Steele Co. locations; 5 just west of Rice Lake State Park in a small patch of flooded field along SE 74 St. and a single Willet on the west side of CR 45 just north of Straight River Marsh, making a total of 18 Willets for the day.

  Other highlights included one Western Grebe, a few Horned Grebes and one Red-necked Grebe on Rice Lake at the state park. There were also a few Forster's Terns about and several Marsh Wrens calling in the cattails.

  There were also a few American Pipits at the Claremont Sewage Ponds in Dodge County, but unfortunately, no shorebirds.

Good birding!

Dave Bartkey

Faribault, MN