MOU-RBA Archives

May 2009

From:
"Johnson, Douglas" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johnson, Douglas
Date:
Mon, 18 May 2009 07:34:53 -0600
A Summer Tanager has been at Bert's Cabins on Wilderness Dr. at Itasca
State Park since last Tuesday. It was reported to me on Saturday by the
owners of Bert's (Pat and Dave) and was still present on Saturday
morning. It was seen and photographed by Pat Rice and myself and was
coming in throughout the day as reported by Dave and Pat. Also present
were Evening Grosbeaks and Gray Jays are still coming to their feeders.
In addition, this morning Monday I found a Red-shouldered Hawk on
Pincherrry Road a third of a mile south of County 20 in Beltrami County.
This is only my second sighting for this species in 20 years in Beltrami
County. The bird appeared territorial, was calling extensively, and was
frequenting the woods around an area of extensive marsh and wetlands.

Doug Johnson

Bemidji