MOU-RBA Archives

May 2009

From:
dan&erika <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
dan&erika <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 May 2009 11:55:30 -0600
Hi All--

Two new birds for the Dundas Banding Station this morning.

A male Prairie Warbler:
http://www.northern.edu/tallmand/dat/warblers/prwa5b.jpg

A male Cooper's Hawk:
http://picasaweb.google.com/danerika/CannonFenBanding#5335364978903003186

Banding has been going VERY slowly compared with last year.  One problem may
be the presence of two Cooper's Hawks in the area.  The warbler was not seen
since its release, but I will be sure to let you know if we see it again.
The area does not seem to me to be prime Prairie Warbler habitat.

Good birding!

dan

--
Dan or Erika Tallman
Northfield, Minnesota

".... the best shod travel with wet feet"
"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes ...."--Thoreau