MOU-RBA Archives

May 2009

From:
Doug Kieser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doug Kieser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 May 2009 06:48:09 -0600
Late saturday afternoon Mark Ochs and I observed an alternate-plumage Red Knot at the 40th Ave. West impoundment in Duluth.  Also among the 12 shorebird species present here were 2 Stilt Sandpipers and 4 White-rumped Sandpipers.
Earlier in the afternoon we saw a male Black-backed Woodpecker at the Park Point Recreation Area, east of the playground.
We spent the morning in the Sax-Zim bog area where highlights included several minutes watching a singing Connecticut Warbler on the north side of county hwy 27,  50 yds east of county 83.
5 Sharp-tailed Grouse, 3 Upland Sandpipers in the field southwest of the county hwys 52 - 208 intersection (late morning).
3 Upland Sandpipers and a few other shorebirds at the Meadowlands sewage pond.

Doug Kieser
Minneapolis

This message contains information which may be confidential and privileged. Unless you are the intended recipient (or authorized to receive this message for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy, disseminate or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message. Thank you very much.