]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

MOU-RBA Home

MOU-RBA  May 2009

MOU-RBA May 2009

[mou-net] Hooded warbler, Cannon R. Wilderness E., 5/16

linda whyte <[log in to unmask]>

linda whyte <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 17 May 2009 21:14:37 -0600

(Please excuse the late post; obligations necessitate choosing between
birding and posting, and we know what wins.)

A daylong trip Saturday to the E. Cannon River Wilderness and
Nerstrand Woods State Park yielded great looks at the following, among
others:
redstart, magnolia, yellow, c. yellow-throat, golden-wing, blue-wing,
cerulean, Cape May (seen by two of the party), chestnut-sided, palm,
and hooded warbler; Tennessee and Nashvilles (heard only); ovenbirds;
house wrens; blue-gray gnatcatchers; scarlet tanager; yellow-bellied
sapsucker; Swainson's and gray-cheeked thrushes; bluebirds; veery;
indigo bunting; E. towhee; rose-breasted grosbeak; great-crested
flycatcher; catbird; cuckoo (heard only, from across the river);
warbling, yellow-throated, and blue-headed vireos (heard); Cooper's
and red-tail hawks.
The prairie burn area was heavily populated with thrushes.The hooded
warbler was beyond the entry-ravine, very near the second boardwalk.
It flew low, across the path just in front of us, landing on a low
branch just a couple of feet away from the trail. It chipped, never
sang, but gave excellent, though brief, looks.
The other highlight was the sapsucker (male) entering a cavity. He
went all the way in, then poked out his head to stare back at
us---most charming turn-about. En route there were a meadowlark,
shrike, and E. phoebe. At Nerstrand we did spot the red-headed
woodpecker in the main campground, fleetingly, as he took off into the
woods. Altogether, it was a great day.
Linda Whyte

Reply to all

New window
Print all
Add to calendar
Hooded warbler, Cannon...
Sun May 16, 2010 - add
Quality Sparrow Traps
Rid Unwanted Sparrows. Professional & Safe Control Products. Buy Now!
www.Nixalite.com/SparrowTrap
VW Camping in Paradise
Hawaii beachfront camping in a VW Westfalia Camper Van.1.888.550.3918
www.happycampershawaii.com
Birds: Parrotlets,Conures
Sweet Pet Birds-Parrotlets, Conures Lovebirds, and Bourke Parakeets.
www.friendlybirdaviary.com
Free WaImart Birds
Want Free Birds? Get Your Free Birds Worth $1000 At WaImart
yourfreesavings2009.com
Missouri Camping
Over 1500 Camp & RV Sites to choose from at Lake of the Ozarks.
www.funlakecamping.com
The Birds T-Shirt
We Admire This Hitchcock Classic So We Had To Make A Shirt About it
www.WeAdmire.net/TheBirds
About these links
 Back to Sent Mail

Archive

Report spam

Move to Inbox

Labels

More actions

 Newer 2 of 1730 Older
Import contacts from Yahoo, Outlook, and others into your
Moosewoods.us Mail contact list.   Learn more
You are currently using 688 MB (9%) of your 7323 MB.
Last account activity: 10 hours ago at this IP (208.42.91.229).  Details
Moosewoods.us Mail view: standard | turn off chat | basic HTML  Learn more
2009 Google - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Program Policies -
Google Home